Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whoops! Let's Try This Again!

Just realized I haven't blogged since December 14th.  Oops.  Part of the issue was that I wasn't set up on my actual PC to blog...and my laptop was having issues.  Another reason was bandwidth woes.  C-Spire (formerly the AWESOME Cellular South) sucks.  Big time.  I'm only allowed 5gb bandwidth per month, and normally that's no problem, but the past three months I've gone over in a major way...by 10+gb a month...at $10 a gb once you go over 5gb.  Major bills.  This past month (the month runs through the 18th) I've been really trying to watch it and not go over, and I've been sick a lot, so I haven't been online as much.  I do get online with my smartphone, but typing on it is a pain LOL.

So.  Christmas is over...we had a really nice one this year.  Money was very tight, so we pretty much were done with our shopping on Black Friday, when I got some really good deals online.  The kids didn't get as much as they did in 2010, but they seemed to enjoy themselves.  I put a lot more thought into their gifts this year, and they were all happy.  We got our income tax adjusted refund from MS right before Christmas, so Justin and I were able to do something really nice for ourselves, which we haven't done in a long time.  He got me a blu-ray player (I've been wanting one for ages) and a new iPhone 4S (from Sprint, NOT C-Spire), and I got him a digital picture frame, some jeans, and a really nice 4th Generation .40 cal Glock pistol.  I forget the model number...I THINK it was a 22, but not sure.  I didn't actually purchase the pistol for him...I gave him a gift card and let him pick it out.  He felt sooo bad because we spent so much money on him this year, but hey, the man NEVER spends money on himself, and it was extra money we weren't counting on.  It was time.  He does everything for us, and he deserved a little something special.

I've still been having a lot of issues with staying sick...mainly nausea, vomiting, and severe migraines, but that's slowly getting better.  I go back to the doctor next week to find out if I'm officially in remission again.  I'm praying for good news. 

Anyway, I have a migraine now, so I won't make this a long post.  I mainly am trying to get back into the habit of blogging, so felt like I needed to make a post of some type.  I'll try to talk about my New Year's resolutions and how they're going tomorrow.

Off to lie down now and wait for the meds to work :D

No comments:

Post a Comment