Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So I've Been Sick...

Surprise surprise.  Seriously though, I've been "gone" for two weeks from here because I came down with a nasty bout of the flu.  Considering I had the flu shot in the fall, I was a little surprised, but knew it wouldn't be as bad a bout since I'd had the shot.  Wrong.  I was sick pretty bad for a solid eight days.  I won't go into it, we've all had the flu and know how much it sucks.

Regardless, I'm just now getting back on my feet a little, and can look at the laptop without getting a huge headache (as I type this, my head starts aching a little.  Hehehe).

Nothing much has happened during the past two weeks...other than me being sick.

Oh wait, I did get a letter from Social Security yesterday.  By the time Justin got his part done and mailed it all off, over a week had passed from the time I talked to the lady on the phone, BUT they got our paperwork right after they got my medical records.  They stated in the letter that they spoke to a couple of my doctors, and determined I was still disabled, although my doctors expect me to improve at some point, so they approved my disability again for another couple years.  That's one burden lifted.  They also included instructions on how to report when/if I'm able to try to go back to work.  I can try to work and it won't affect my disability for up to nine months, so that's a relief too.  I DO want to go back to work, but have been hesitant to try because I worried that if I got a job, then couldn't keep it after a couple months due to health issues, I'd be without a job and without my disability.  This, to me, is a good plan...if I can work for nine months, I'll most likely be able to continue working, and the burden of worrying about paying my bills will be lifted.

So now, of course, I can't wait to get better so I can go back to work.  I don't care if I flip burgers at McDonald's, but I need to get out of this house.  Of course, that's a little unrealistic...but seriously, I would do any job I could at this point...just to feel useful again.

I got on the elliptical last night for the first time since I came down with the flu.  It kicked my butt.  Hehe.  Its sitting there taunting me now, so I think I'm going to have to go show it who's boss...for a couple minutes anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment