Thursday, March 15, 2012

EASY Pizza Casserole

Someone mentioned this on facebook Tuesday, and I didn't feel like cooking something complicated yesterday evening, so I decided this might be easy to do.  I couldn't find any recipes I liked (we have allergies and picky eaters lol) so I just threw some stuff together, and it came out surprisingly well!

I used:

one can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
2 1/2 cups spiral noodles
1 pound ground beef
dried, minced onion, Lowry's seasoning, Butter Buds, and Worcestershire Sauce
1 jar Ragu spaghetti sauce (I'm allergic to most tomato products, so had to use what I knew would be ok)
pizza cheese (this was a bag I got from the grocery that had grated mozzarella, cheddar, etc in it)

I sprayed the casserole dish with non-stick spray, then lined it with the pizza dough.  I popped it into a 350 degree oven for about ten minutes to prepare it.  I let it get slightly crusty, but not brown at all.

While the noodles were boiling, I browned and seasoned the ground meat, using the items listed above.  After draining the meat, I added the Ragu and let it cook while the noodles were finishing up.  After I drained the noodles, I poured the meat and sauce into the noodles and mixed it really well, then poured that mixture into the casserole, on top of the pizza crust.  I sprinkled some cheese, then added a layer of pepperoni, then a lot more cheese.  I put it in the oven to bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes, and it was perfect.

It was a huge hit with my clan, and has been requested again, albeit with more pepperoni and cheese next time LOL.  Hope it works for you too :)

BEFORE

 AFTER


No comments:

Post a Comment