Monday, February 27, 2012

Today Is Another Day



My favorite movie is "Gone With the Wind."  I like the book even more.  "Tomorrow is another day" has been a recurring theme for me during my forty-two years on this Earth.  It has to be, with all the mistakes I make/have made LOL.

I think just writing about what I was feeling last night really helped me.  Even if no one ever looks at this blog, writing is helping me.  It helps me focus my thoughts on what's really bothering me.  If I don't write, I just sit here, being miserable, and not really knowing why.  When I write, I have to think about what I'm typing...it helps.

Justin rolled over at 2:20 this morning and wished me a Happy Birthday, then started snoring again.  My official time of birth per my birth certificate is 2:15 a.m., so that was really kinda cool...and awfully sweet.

My kids all woke me up this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday, and Justin did again too.  I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, but I think I may let Justin take me out to supper tonight.  Maybe.  LOL.  I might just let Katie cook her spaghetti as planned (she seasons it even better than I do...kid has a knack), and bake a cake, and just enjoy my family tonight.

Another birthday doesn't mean much to me.  Its almost a hassle, but I can't exactly wish for no more birthdays, now can I?  The alternative isn't that attractive hehe.  Seriously though, I'm very typically bi-polar about it.  On the one hand, its like, ugh, I'm another year older.  Do I have to "celebrate" getting older? Seriously?  On the other hand, I'm here.  I'm alive.  I'm growing older with my husband and my children.  Can't ask for much more than that, especially after all the health problems I've experienced the past six years.

So, Happy Birthday to me...and Today is another day after all.

*Just a side note...the picture I used is one I took myself.  One morning I was up "puttering around," getting ready for work, and I heard a noise outside.  I looked out the back window, and saw the sunrise.  I grabbed my new SLR camera and stepped outside and snapped a picture, more goofing around than anything else.  I've always loved the resulting image.  This was literally taken on my back porch, standing one step outside my back door.  I'm frustrated, living so far from "civilization" at times, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment